THE HALAAL HOUSEHOLD
Busy Made Easy
Helping The Muslimah Live a Little Easier, With a Lot of Style.
I know that life can be stressful and demanding - and I'm here to help. I specialize in providing - organization, work home balance, homeschooling and home management assistance to families. I do not have ALL the answers, but I do have experience and I freely share what I *hope* will be helpful to someone else on their journey.
COLD COZY NIGHTS
BEATING WINTER BLUES
You will make it through!
Like autumn, in the winter I have always enjoyed quiet nights in. On cold cozy nights, I make hearty meals and relax in the warmth of my home. However, for some, these dark and bitter days leave them feeling lifeless.
I choose to be intentional about being productive throughout the winter months, it helps to keep you in a better mood. If you allow boredom to strike this could keep you from your best.
Seasonal affective disorder, also known as winter depression or winter blues, is a recurrent condition characterized by anxiety, daytime weariness, lethargy, fatigue, and depression. Some people are filled with anger and rage.
Here are some ways that can boost mood even on the darkest of winter days.
1. Start your day as early as possible to make as much use of the sunlight you have. This is great for stay at home mothers because they can be productive in peace. Open up all your windows and let the sunlight in. You can even sit next to the window and soak up the vitamin D.
2. Challenge your self to learn a new surah. While sipping your tea or coffee in the morning you can work on adding to your worship. This will help you to feel accomplished and the Spring will be your reward for your hard winter work.
3. Start reading an interesting novel or self-help book. A well-written book can transport you to other realms, while an engaging article will distract you and keep you in the present moment, letting tensions drain away and allowing you to relax.
4. Plan outings and play dates with friends. Have lunch at Panera with your mom, go to the mall, or an indoor play gym.
5. Take a class! Signing up for a class is a great way to get your mind off of winter blues. It allows you to learn and enjoy new things. There are also several classes that offer activities for both mom and kids, which can be a great opportunity to strengthen the family bond and connection. Online classes are always good options as well. Most certificate programs are 8 weeks long or take a class to develop your hobbies such as cooking, gardening, and sewing.
6. Get creative. You can use some of your free time to practice or develop your creativity through arts and crafts. Several studies show that art is a great way to improve self-confidence, enhance coping skills and manage stress. Creativity is also known to be associated with positive mood and happiness, which is very much needed in overcoming winter blues.
7. Start exercising. Physical activities & exercises not only strengthen the body, but they also help release powerful chemicals known as endorphins, which are responsible for lifting our moods. Exercise helps by modulating the stress response system, resulting in a reduced heart rate, easy respiration, and lower blood pressure. It is also found to be effective in improving focus and concentration.
I could revel in this place forever, but nature has her ways, so I will revel in this place for as long as it stays.
I delight in the delicate, intelligent processes that repeat themselves with such care. I see deeper into the soul of every living and fleeting thing. I walk the earth with lightness in my step, adoration beating in my chest. I am open to beauty wherever I go.
SUPPORTS I OFFER
Getting Better Each Day
I know that in this busy world, every minute counts. We therefore take a proactive approach, trying to anticipate our family's needs.
Whether it’s for your home office, homeschool or living areas; I offer a number of practical solutions for organization. A place for everything and everything in its place is a motto to always remember and practice. I can help you with organization choices to cater to your preferred level. I will also share how organizing my spaces have literally changed my life!
I am here to provide families an unsurpassed range of lifestyle management solutions. Home Management is designed to enhance your life while managing your time and resources effectively. Curious to find out how you can establish an environment of peace? Follow me on this journey!
Home Education can be your ticket to the best in this life and the afterlife. It allows you the ability to give the perfect combination of supports and lifestyle preparation that only you can give to your children from a place of love. Interested in learning more about homeschooling and its many benefits? Get in touch with us now.
The Halaal Household was started as a platform for me (Sakinah) to write and share photos and stories about my lifestyle and journey on establishing our home. We like working on countless projects and implementing the practices of Islam in our home.
I blog weekly about everything around my Muslim home management system; homeschooling, organization, with an occasional recipe post thrown in. Our lives have changed in so many ways since I started Halaal Household. However, our intentions have not.
So we welcome you and your family into our virtual halaal household. Feel free to share your comments, ideas, links and questions in the comments section where we can discuss all things together. We strive to help families with managing their day-to-day activities big or small. I am on this beautiful journey reclaiming my identity in the midst of (halaal) motherhood and I hope you'll join me in discovering ways to do more with what we already have! Want to hear more about our services? Contact me today.
"Whatever your stage of life, remember you’re right where Allah has allowed you to be. He chose you for this task, for these children, for His plan. Trust His plan, for surely Allah is the best of planners "