I’ve been on an amazing journey learning about the natural uses and benefits of essential oils. I wanted to make sure that I have used them for awhile and in many different ways before sharing. My goal has been to be able to replace all of my conventional household cleaners and most of my body care products. So far things are going good and I am well on my way to a safer, cleaner and healthier home for my family.
Let's start with lemon essential oil. It’s an incredibly potent, multi-purpose essential oil that can be used in everything from personal and health care remedies to cleaning products. I'm excited to teach you what I’ve learned about what has become my favorite essential oil. Lemon essential oil is usually the first essential oil most people interact with when they begin to use and explore essential oils. It’s a cleaning machine and highly detoxifying, not to mention it smells delightful. Most people choose lemon essential oils because lemons are familiar. I don't know anyone who doesn't like the fresh scent of lemons. With a clean, fresh, citrus aroma, Lemon is known for its purifying properties. Often used in cleaning products and air purifiers, Lemon has distinct cleansing and deodorizing characteristics that make it a popular choice for cleaning surfaces and purifying the air. Lemon oil is stimulating while it is calming. It has anti-infection, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, and anti fungal properties. Lemon oil works in many areas of your life, from household cleaning to supporting brain energy and freshening the air. As a versatile oil, Lemon also has the ability to aid in digestion and support healthy respiratory function when taken internally.
1. Due to lemon oils natural disinfectant and antibacterial properties. It brightens and freshens which is why it is a powerhouse when used for cleaning. I use Lemon oil in my multi purpose cleaning sprays, as a replacement for bleach in my laundry, in my fabric softener and to freshen my kitchen.
2. Lemon oil is great in face washes, moisturizers and beauty balms. In skin care cosmetics it freshens, cools, tones, brightens, exfoliates, treats acne, removes blemishes
and adds antiseptic qualities.
3. Lemon oil is calming in nature and therefore helps in removing mental fatigue, anxiety, nervousness and tension. It has the ability to refresh the mind and helps creating a positive mindset.
4. It works great to freshen the air add 9 drops to a diffuser and let the wonderful smell clean and freshen the air.
5. Health benefits of lemon oil include providing relief from sleeplessness. Its very relaxing and helps to calm nerves before bed.